Posted Mar 8, 2011
The old way to a flat belly involved nothing but cardio, counting calories, and control. The new thinking: Relax and live a little! You’re more likely to stick to a plan that allows you some indulgences and actually fits in your life.
Have a Glass of Wine with Dinner
– Women tend to cut back on other parts of their diet when they drink, and there is evidence that their bodies break down alcohol inefficiently, which can burn a few more calories.
– Those hundreds of sit-ups before bed aren’t getting you any closer to a toned stomach. Not only do crunches put your lower back at risk for injury, but they work only a tiny portion of your core.
Shorten Your Cardio Workout
– People who do 30 minutes of intense cardio, five days a week, lost more than those who exercised for 50 minutes a session at a moderate pace, even though they burned the same number of total calories at the gym.
Get More Sleep
– Rest regulates your hunger hormones and lack of shut-eye simultaneously stimulates your appetite while suppressing feelings of satiety
Eat 3 Servings of Dairy Every Day
– People who were on a reduced-calorie diet and ate about 3 cups of yogurt a day for 12 weeks lost more weight than those who cut calories and took calcium pills. Yogurt eaters lost about an inch and a half from their waists, while the calcium pill poppers lost less than a quarter of an inch.
Eat Carbs (But Choose Wisely)
– Those who stock up on whole grains (dark bread, brown rice, popcorn, bulgur wheat, couscous) and cereal fiber tend to have less overall body fat and belly fat than those who ate less of the stuff.
For more health, diet and weight loss tips, visit Fitbie.com.
© 2011, Fitbie.com